To our Customers and Clients,
We are here for you. Although most of our team members are working remotely, our office remains open during this crisis. Please do not hesitate to reach out. We have compiled a list of resources and answers to frequently asked questions below. Please stay safe, healthy and well. We’re all in this together.
The Rentals America Team
While rent remains due on the 1st of each month, we understand that some families may be facing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To help ease the burden, we are waiving late rent fees in April & May 2020. If you anticipate challenges with paying rent, please reach out to your property manager.
Evictions & Foreclosures
On March 18, 2020, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) suspended all foreclosures and eviction actions on mortgages insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) for the next 60 days.
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) has announced that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will also suspend all foreclosures and evictions for the same 60-day period.
On March 24, 2020, Governor Ducey signed an executive order delaying writs of restitution for those effected by COVID-19.
On March 20, 2020, Governor Doug Ducey issued an executive order and administrative action aimed at providing certainty and economic relief for those facing financial hardship because of COVID-19, increasing access to unemployment benefits. These resources are applied retroactively to hardships experienced after March 11, 2020. Applications will be accepted beginning March 23, 2020.
On March 27, 2020, Governor Doug Ducey announced $5 million in new funding to help Arizonans struggling to make rent due to COVID-19. The new dollars will be included as part of a Rental Eviction Prevention Assistance Program being launched by the Arizona Department of Housing and will help families and individuals who are facing a loss of income due to COVID-19 with monthly rent assistance. https://azgovernor.gov/governor/news/2020/03/governor-ducey-announces-new-dollars-rental-assistance
Utility and service providers are suspending disconnections and offering special allowances or payment plans at this time. We recommend reaching out directly to your service provider for assistance and recommendations.
- Arizona 211 (General assistance for food, paying bills and other essential services): https://211arizona.org/covid-19/
- Short-term Crisis Services: https://des.az.gov/services/basic-needs/shelter-housing/short-term-crisis-services
- Phoenix Human Services: https://www.phoenix.gov/humanservices, 1-866-882-1178
- Phoenix & Maricopa Rental Assistance: https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/phoenix_rental_assistance.html
- Utilities: https://www.maricopa.gov/451/Get-Help-Paying-Utility-Rental-Bills
- Salvation Army: https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/covid19/
- Arizona Food Bank Network: http://www.azfoodbanks.org/index.php/covid-19
- U.S. Department of Labor: https://www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/eta/eta20200312-0
- Arizona Unemployment Insurance Benefits: https://des.az.gov/services/employment/unemployment-individual
COVID-19 Health Information
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Maricopa County COVID specific resources: https://www.maricopa.gov/5511/HSDs-Response-to-COVID-19